The management of UNILAG School of Postgraduate Studies has extended the sale of its postgraduate application form from Monday, 17th June, 2019 to Monday, 8th July, 2019. Kindly note that Four (4) new programmes have been added to the List of Available Programmes for 2019/2020 session. The programmes are:
- Master of Arts (M.A.) in History & Strategic Studies (P/T)
- Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Budgeting & Public Financial Management (F/T & P/T)
- Master of Urban Logistics & Transport Policy (MULTP) (P/T)
- Master of Pensions Management (MPM) (P/T)
University of Lagos (UNILAG) is now selling application forms for admission into its various postgraduate programmes for the 2019/2020 academic session. UNILAG Postgraduate form is now available for purchase online.
Authorities of the University of Lagos (UNILAG), School of Postgraduate Studies, invite applications from suitably qualified candidates from recognized institutions for admission into the various Postgraduate programmes offered by the institution for the 2019/2020 academic session on full-time and Part-Time basis.
Before you proceed, check: UNILAG Postgraduate COURSES.
UNILAG Postgraduate Programmes.
- Postgraduate Diploma Programmes (PGD)
- Masters Degree Programmes (i.e. M.Sc., M.Ed., M.A., LL.M, etc)
- Professional Masters Degree Programmes (i.e. MBA, MILD, MILR, MPH, MDSS, MPIA, MPA, MGIS, MSEM, MRPP, MDF, MHDM, MPE, MDM, MTTFL, etc)
- Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) programmes
There is flexibility in the mode of study with Full-Time, Part-Time, Executive and Sandwich options as applicable.
UNILAG Postgraduate Admission – General Requirements.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS PGD & M.Sc.
An applicant for admission to a programme shall be:
1. Must possess a Bachelors’s degree of this University or any approved University;
2. A person who holds other qualification(s) recognized by senate of the University of Lagos;
3. In addition to (i) and (ii) above, an applicant may be required, as a condition for admission, to undergo a selection process in the form of written and/or oral examinations.
1. (i) Candidates who have not completed the National Youth Service Corps programme or currently undergoing a Postgraduate programme need not apply. Such applicants will be automatically disqualified.
2. Candidates awaiting Bachelor’s degree results need not apply.
3. A holder of Degree obtained from an Outreach/Satellite are not eligible to apply.
4. All academic transcripts must reach the Deputy Registrar/Administrative Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies on or before the start of the session admission is being sought.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS for M.Phil and Ph.D
Masters of Philosophy (M.Phil)
To qualify for admission to the above programme:
(i) Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s honours degree from this University or any other approved University with at least a Second Class (Upper Division).
(ii) Candidates with a Master’s degree with a minimum of CGPA of at least 3.50.
(iii) All candidates to the M.Phil. programmes must contact the respective department for availability of supervisors before applying.
(iv) The candidate may be required to undergo a selection process as determined by the respective department.
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D)
(i) A candidate who has obtained the degree of Master of Philosophy must have a minimum CGPA of 4.0.
(ii) A candidate who has obtained the degree of Masters of Science must have a minimum CGPA of 4.0.
(iii) Candidates must clear with the respective Departments as to the availability of vacancies/supervisors before applying.
(iv) All candidates may be required to undergo a selection process as may be determined by the department.
For M. Phil and Ph.D. programmes only, admission shall be processed at the beginning of each semester.
ALL CANDIDATES FOR M. Phil./Ph.D. ADMISSIONS ARE TO PROVIDE TRANSCRIPTS OF THEIR MASTERS’ DEGREES OR FORMAL EVIDENCE OF PERFORMANCE AT MASTER’S LEVEL.
How to Obtain UNILAG Postgraduate Form.
1. Sale of Application Forms commences on Monday, 15th April, 2019 and ends on Monday, 8th July, 2019;
2. Completed Application Forms are to be submitted online not later than Monday, 8th July, 2019;
3. Visit the School of Postgraduate Studies University of Lagos Portal, http://spgs.unilag.edu.ng, Click the 2019/2020Applications link;
4. Confirm availability and your eligibility of the desired course;
5. Click the “Application Form” link and select the Postgraduate option from the Application Type menu;
6. Complete the Pre-Application Form to obtain a Payment Reference Number. (please print the payment advice);
7. Proceed to make payment of the sum of ₦22,500.00 (Twenty Two Thousand and Five Hundred Naira Only) for the Form, and charges through any of the below options:
a. Remita Payment: Any commercial bank using the RRR number displayed on the payment advice
b. Online Payment: Click the Pay Now link to make payment directly on the portal with your bank debit card.
8. After payment, return to the School of Postgraduate Studies website http://spgs.unilag.edu.ng, click the 2019/2020 Application link, then “Continue Application” link, login with Payment Reference Number and provide surname in lowercase as password;
9. Complete the Application form and upload digital passport photograph (jpeg format) which should not be more than 15KB in size and must be on a white background. The acceptable dimension is width: 275 pixels or 35mm, height: 314 pixels or 40mm. (Failure to comply with specified image format may lead to disqualification.);
10. Click “SUBMIT FORM” button if the information is correct, else, click DECLINE button (CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO COMPLETE THE FINAL SUBMISSION ONLY AFTER THEY HAVE FULLY COMPLETED THE FORM, PLEASE NOTE THAT EDITING OF APPLICATION FORM AFTER FINAL SUBMISSION ATTRACTS A ₦1,000 CHARGE);
11. After submission, applicants will be required to print and laminate the “Examination Pass” one week to the entrance examination date (this will be required as a means of identification at the examination venue); and
12. Kindly note the following:
• Candidates are advised to read carefully the requirements for their desired programmes to confirm eligibility.
• Candidates awaiting Bachelor’s degree results and Nigerian citizens who have not completed the National Youth Service Corps assignments or are currently undergoing Postgraduate programmes are not eligible.
• Holders of Degrees obtained from Outreach/Satellite campuses are not eligible.
• Every applicant is required to upload all certificates listed in the application form, such as:
– Degree Certificates (Not Statement of Results)
– NYSC Certificate
– Professional Certificates
• All Academic Transcripts must reach the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies on or before the beginning of registration.
• All M.Phil/Ph.D. candidates are required to contact the relevant Departments for availability of Supervisors/vacancies before applying.
• Please check for the dates of Qualifying Examinations/Interviews on the website of the University of Lagos, School of Postgraduate Studies: http://spgs.unilag.edu.ng (from 8th July, 2019).
For further information, please contact: Deputy Registrar/Administrative Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, University of Lagos, Akoka, Yaba, Lagos.
E-mail: email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org