Are you searching for NEMA Jobs? Do you want to work with National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA)? Ultimate Goal will help you achieve your aim. All you need to do is to stay tuned to this site….
National Emergency Management Agency Recruitment 2019, National Emergency Management Agency 2019 — In this article you will get latest updates on National Emergency Management Agency Recruitment 2019, requirements, qualifications, guidelines and other important updates for free.
- National Drug Law Enforcement Agency Recruitment 2019 and How to Apply Online – www.ndlea.gov.ng
- SPIE Oil & Gas Services Recruitment 2019 Application Form, Requirements and How to Apply
- 9mobile Nigeria Job Portal 2019 | www.careers.9mobile.com.ng
- Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc Recruitment 2019/2020 and Latest Update
- Dangote Cement Plc 2019/2020 Recruitment Application Form is Out
- NNPC Recruitment Shortlisted Candidates 2019/2020 | Download PDF
- Nigeria Prisons Service Recruitment 2019/2020|www.prisons.gov.ng-
- Guaranty Trust Bank Plc (GTBank) Tech Academy for Fresh Graduates 2019 |https://www.gtbank.com/
National Emergency Management Agency Recruitment
The National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) was established via Act 12 as amended by Act 50 of 1999, to manage disasters in Nigeria. It has been tackling disaster related issues through the establishment of concrete structures.
Mission: To coordinate resource towards efficient and effective disaster prevention, preparation, mitigation and response in Nigeria.
Vision: To build a culture of preparedness, prevention, response and community resilience to disaster in Nigeria.
FUNCTIONS OF NEMA
The Act vested the authority of managing disasters in Nigeria NEMA. According to the enabling law; the Agency shall among the other things,
(a) Formulate policy on all activities relating to the disaster management in Nigeria and co-ordinate the plans and programmes for efficient and effect response to disasters at national level;
(b) Monitor the state of preparedness of all
FACILITIES AND INFRASTUCTURES NEMA ADOPTS FOR COORDINATING DISASTER MANAGEMENT
Mission Control Centre (MCC)
The mission Control Centre located in the Headquarters of NEMA is a computer based satellite technology that uses the COSPAS-SARSAT hi-tech system/facility. The system is designed to pick distress alerts and location data to assist in Search and Rescue Operation, using spacecraft and ground facilities to detect and locate the signals of distress beacons operating on 406 MHz. When there is a distress alert from the beacon located on a ship or aircraft, the satellite system transmits the signal to the ground segment facilities from where the data is processed and transmitted to the appropriate Mission Control Centre (MCC). The MCC now alerts the nearest Rescue Coordinating Centre’s (RCC) or Disaster Reaction Units (DRU) of the Army, Air Force, and the Navy for appropriate and immediate action.
Geographic Information System (GIS)
The agency has established a functional GIS lab for early warning and precision in response to the management. The lab collects spatial data, analyses and prepares useful information that helps to aid responses to disaster. It is one of the significant facilities of the agency for its disaster risk reduction programme.
Time is a crucial element in disaster management. In recognition of this, the agency obtained approval and procured facilities for mobile clinics that have been strategically stationed in Abuja, Kaduna, Lagos and Port Harcourt to be deployed in the event of any major disaster. While arrangements are on to acquire more of the clinics, the agency has also procured a good number of ambulances stationed in Abuja and all the six zonal offices.
In anticipation to the upcoming 2019 National Emergency Management Agency Recruitment, all interested candidates are required to know all it takes to join NEMA or get acquainted with the requirements for 2019 National Emergency Management Agency recruitment.
Requirements For NEMA 2019/2020 Recruitment’s
Applicants applying for the National Emergency Management Agency Recruitment must possess any of the following
- Possession of B.Sc, HND, NCE, OND in any discipline from a recognized institution
- Applicants must not be above 35 years old
- West African School Certificate (WASC) or Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSSC) with Credits in not less than three (3) subjects including English and at least passes in two (2) other subjects; or
- National Examination Council (NECO)/General Certificate of Education (GCE) Ordinary Level with passes in four (4) subjects obtained at one sitting or five (5) subjects obtained at two sittings including English Language.)
- National Diploma (ND) obtained from a recognized institution. National Certificate of Education (NCE) from a recognized institution; or General Certificate of Education (Advanced Level) in two (2) subjects obtained at one sitting or three (3) subjects obtained at two sittings.
How to Apply For NEMA 2019/2020 Recruitment’s
To be ascertain if the National Emergency Management Agency Recruitment 2019 has officially started, reach out to the official National Emergency Management Agency Recruitment website: http://nema.gov.ng or Visit this page frequently for we shall update anytime the National Emergency Management Agency Recruitment form is out.
Make sure you bookmark this page as update about NEMA Recruitment 2019 will be made frequently
- 1. Candidates are to apply for one job position, Candidates who attempt to apply multiple times will have their application disqualified
- 2. Online application is free.
IMPORTANT! Currently, National Emergency Management Agency Recruitment Application Form is not yet out online, DISREGARD any form of advert you come across. This page will be updated immediately the form is out.